|Kod przedmiotu:||H.2s.Ha.SEM.SM.HZOXZ||Kod Erasmus / ISCED:||(brak danych) / (brak danych)|
|Nazwa przedmiotu:||Diploma seminar|
|Jednostka:||Wydział Hodowli i Biologii Zwierząt|
|Punkty ECTS i inne:||3.00|
The aim of the seminar is to teach a student of the animal science field of master's thesis preparation as well as to extend a knowledge related to new achievements and research related to the studied speciality. Students will be familiarized with the ways of preparing individual chapters of the diploma thesis, presentation of research results in graphical or tabular form, preparation of results and their presentation in the form of an oral presentation (computer presentation). The most important elements of copyright law as well as methods of counteracting and detecting plagiarism will also be discussed.
The topics of the classes:
1. Master thesis, selection of the subject of the thesis (presentation of research conducted in individual Departments), the procedure of submitting the thesis and the rules of diploma (stages of writing the thesis and terms of defense); the diploma exam and defense of thesis.
2. Databases and their use as sources of literature related to the chosen topic of the master's thesis.
3. Copyright law, plagiarism and ethical conduct in scientific research (based on: the Act of February 4, 1994 on copyright and related rights, as amended); detection of plagiarisms and their consequences.
4. Characteristics of scientific papers: features and form of scientific work, text division, the manner of citing literature and the principles of creating a bibliography.
5. General rules for the preparation and writing of diploma theses: content, layout and form of the thesis (title page, table of contents, introduction, literature review, purpose and scope of work, problem solution; division of the thesis into chapters, conclusions or summary, list of literature, key words, summary) .
6. Editorial guidelines: paper, font, editor, text division, paragraphs, table and drawing design and description, quoting in the text, unit of measurement, page numbering, job printout, electronic version.
7. Oral presentations of selected issues related to animal breeding or the most important achievements of animal sciences; oral presentation by students of the concept, research hypothesis and initial assumptions of the master's thesis (prepared on the basis of the subject of the thesis and the collected scientific literature).
Study Regulations 2017, § 25 (Diploma thesis)
Scientific publications of the lecturer.
|Efekty uczenia się:||
KNOWLEDGE. The graduate knows and understands:
- experimental work methodology allowing to design, conduct and analyze the results of scientific research.
- rules for the preparation of scientific publications and the use of specialized software in scientific work.
- features and form of scientific work; has knowledge about the division of the text of scientific work, how to cite literature and how to create a bibliography; knows the basics of copyright.
SKILLS. The graduate can:
- search and gather scientific literature related to the chosen topic of the master's thesis and use it to prepare a written review of the literature;
- prepare an oral presentation on a selected topic in the field of animal sciences or a research topic related to the conducted research as part of the master's thesis being prepared, using information from various sources;
- prepare the concept of the master's thesis; plan individual parts of it using knowledge about the principles of creating scientific works;
- prepare an oral presentation to discuss the concept, plan and assumptions of the master's thesis.
SOCIAL COMPETENCE. The graduate is willing to:
- continuous education and enrichment of knowledge;
- thinking and acting in an entrepreneurial manner;
- application of ethical principles in the conduct of scientific experiments.
|Metody i kryteria oceniania:||
The basis for passing is the preparation by the student of two multimedia presentations: (1) from a selected topic in the field of animal sciences; (2) presenting the concept of individual chapters of the thesis. The form and content of the presentation are evaluated by the teacher.
Zajęcia w cyklu "Semestr zimowy 2020/2021" (w trakcie)
|Okres:||2020-10-01 - 2021-02-24||
zobacz plan zajęć
Seminarium, 30 godzin więcej informacji
|Prowadzący grup:||(brak danych)|
|Lista studentów:||(nie masz dostępu)|
|Zaliczenie:||Zaliczenie na ocenę|
Właścicielem praw autorskich jest Uniwersytet Rolniczy im. Hugona Kołłątaja w Krakowie.